Visions and Values
Commitments to residents
We are committed to promoting equality, and the quality of life for all our citizens.
As our plans for urban regeneration and economic revival come to fruition, our overriding priority is to ensure that all residents and communities within the borough are able to grasp the opportunities before them, fulfil their potential, share in the benefits and make Greenwich a place where people want to live, work, learn and visit.
When exercising our duties and responsibilities, we aim to:
- ensure delivery of high quality, value for money services
- protect the vulnerable and promote independence
- promote equality in all sections of the community and celebrate diversity
- challenge discrimination in our own operations
- listen to our communities, especially the voices of young people
- provide a model of open, democratic local government
- foster high levels of achievement among our citizens and institutions
- develop effective partnerships with all the agencies that impact on the lives of Greenwich residents
- maximise our impact as a local authority, as a partner with business, the voluntary sector and other public agencies.